Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Field trip to the MIA


Recently me and my mom took a trip to the Minneapolis Institute of Art. I worked on sketching some paintings from the masters!


This was my first time sketching in a busy public place. I found it uncomfortable working with so many people talking and looking over my shoulder. I plan to practice working in public places more as I would like to be able to comfortably sketch in places other than home! It will definitely take some getting used too!


Other than that I had a really good time. I love being able to see all of those paintings in real life! We brought home some art books and a post card of (the painting you see above) "Six Tuscan Poets" By Giorgio Vasari. He painted this in 1544!

1 comment:

  1. I can imagine how difficult it was to sketch with all of the noise and movement going on around you! I hope you'll do it again to see if it is easier with experience.

    ReplyDelete